Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fight Club

So i just finished watching Fight Club not for the first time of course but i still find it entertaining every time i do watch it.......This blog post really isn't about this one movie "and i must warn you i am not recommending this movie to anyone" but in my opinion all good movies have to be in some way like this one. I'm guessing you're wondering "what is so great about it?" and i'll tell you it's not William(Brad) Pitt that makes all movies great and certainly not Edward Norton although they are the reason i watch the whole thing the thing that i think makes this and any other movie a great movie is the ending credits song. I have seen many movies where the film is not the greatest yet the soundtrack is amazing and I've seen others where the film is amazing and the soundtrack horrible but i think to make a movie Great you have to have them all in one....I will admit in the case of Fight Club i don't think the opening credits song is the greatest but when you wrap a movie up with the song "Where is My Mind" by the Pixies that can save any movie. So let me say again this post is not telling you to go watch Fight Club or any movie like it because i said i watched it it's merely explaining my reasoning on how a movie can go from great to amazing in a matter of seconds between the last frame of the film to the ending credits...here is a link to the song that inspired me to write this post and it may not be your cup of tea but in my opinion and you're reading this post so on here that's all that matters is what i say made this movie amazing...http://youtu.be/5iC0YXspJRM...if you have any movies that you think have a song that brings the whole thing together don't be afraid to share.

2 comments:

Stevo the Beavo said...

Not that I've seen the movie but i "hear" that it's a pretty good one and this song helps to make it that way

Peter said...

I think that you have a very good point David. Even a sub-par movie can leave you feeling like it was a good movie if the end cridit sequence has good music. I though right away of "Wake Up" at the end of "The Matrix".